Due to blogging taking up almost all of my writing time, I have decided to post only once a week from now on. Though a few changes will occur–single-part “Literary Wisdom” posts and preview posts every other month–you will still see content of the same quality and depth. Thank you!
- Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie (Fiction, Children’s, Fantasy)
- A Caribbean Mystery by Agatha Christie (Fiction, Mystery)
- Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury (Fiction, Dystopian)
- The Deerslayer by James Fenimore Cooper (Fiction, Classic Historical)
- Art and the Bible by Francis A. Schaeffer (Nonfiction, Christian Living)
Preview for July/August 2018
- You Cannot Serve Two Masters | This was one of those ideas that came up out of the blue and actually has the potential to turn out well. I’m excited to dive into some satirical short fiction for this post!
- Agatha Christie’s Tangled Web of Justice | I said I’d do an Orient Express-related post earlier, but hopefully it will finally be done sometime in the upcoming few months.
- An Objection to the Christian Film Industry | Not that Christians and film should not go together, but that, in today’s society, they hardly do so well.
- Unassuming Inspiration | A short story based on August’s theme word at Story516 and on Martina McBride’s beautiful song “God’s Will.”
- Literary Wisdom: Hercule Poirot Mysteries | Never underestimate the vain little man with the mustache! He can be wiser than you think:)
- Literary Wisdom: Jane Eyre | I have not yet read this book, but I’m excited to see what I can make of it in a “Literary Wisdom” post. Stay tuned!
- “Longing for Heaven’s Maker” by Grace M. | This is one of my favorite posts I’ve seen from Grace. I love its conciseness, timeliness, and beauty.
- “‘Lazy’ and ‘Christian’ Shouldn’t Go Together: Why We Need to Read the Bible” by Kaylan Mah | Kaylan’s writing is so clever and runs in a methodical yet engaging flow. Her message about Bible reading, I think, is something every serious Christian needs to take to heart.
- “‘Fahrenheit 451’ from Book to Screen” by Trevin Wax | A wonderful analysis from The Gospel Coalition of one of my new favorite books!
- “Poem—Kindred Fire” by Hannah | I firmly believe Hannah’s poetry is among the best you can find in WordPress blogging. “Kindred Fire” is one more proof of my conviction.
- “Eric Metaxas Announces 700-Page, In-Depth Biography Of Bob The Tomato” by The Babylon Bee | In the midst of a time in which I didn’t feel like writing…this really brightened my day. A perfect satirical tribute to all you Metaxas fans out there!
I hope you enjoy the new changes to Defy Augury—and best of hopes that your Independence Day celebration will be beautiful and blessed:)
July 4, 2018 (Let freedom ring! Go, Red October!)